The Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a comprehensive assessment of tests, activities, postures, and observations that helps determine the client’s overall functional abilities. This comprehensive assessment is an objective tool that determines the client’s ability to fulfill required job duties.
Reasons for undergoing a FCE include:
- Determine work capacity, ability to perform tasks in a job description
- Assess ability to return to work duties after a catastrophic injury
- To clarify the capacities for client’s seeking Social Security disability or vocational rehabilitation intervention
An FCE is a one-on-one assessment that lasts 3-4 hours and consists of:
- An interview
- Review of medical records
- Musculoskeletal screening
- Functional and job specific testing (recreating tasks in jog description/ activity demands)
- Pain monitoring
- Psychosocial considerations
- The data gathered from the FCE also allows us to establish a baseline of your functional level and compare it to your specific job description. We can then develop an effective therapy program, a timeline for your safe return to work, and parameters to prevent re-injury.
All FCE tests are scheduled in the Penn Township office.
To receive your evaluation and begin discussing your care needs, please call us at (412) 856-8060 or submit an online appointment request form.