Introducing our Virtual Peripartum Program
Giving you the ability to see our physical therapists from the comfort of your own home!
Benefits of scheduling a Virtual Peripartum visit with our physical therapists:
- Discuss any musculoskeletal abnormalities
- Recommend supportive belts and bands, etc.
- Educate on comfortable intercourse positions while pregnant
- Compression options for swollen ankles
- Prescribe specified exercise to perform during pregnancy
- Proper labor and delivery positions for hip, groin, and back pain
- Physicians can refer you for physical therapy at your 6-week follow up
- Discuss normal symptoms to be having at 6 weeks
- Provide instruction of c-section or perineal scar massage
- Assign appropriate exercise progression based on your specific needs
- Develop a plan to safely return to exercise (CrossFit, running, etc.)
- Proper nursing and lifting techniques, etc.
After your virtual consultation, our therapist will determine your course of care!
To receive your evaluation and begin discussing your care needs, please call us at (412) 856-8060 EXT. 215 or submit an online appointment request form.