Virtual Peripartum Program
Introducing our Virtual Peripartum Program
Giving you the ability to see our physical therapists from the comfort of your own home!
Benefits of scheduling a Virtual Peripartum visit with our physical therapists:
- Discuss any musculoskeletal abnormalities
- Recommend supportive belts and bands, etc.
- Educate on comfortable intercourse positions while pregnant
- Compression options for swollen ankles
- Prescribe specified exercise to perform during pregnancy
- Proper labor and delivery positions for hip, groin, and back pain
- Physicians can refer you for physical therapy at your 6-week follow up
- Discuss normal symptoms to be having at 6 weeks
- Provide instruction of c-section or perineal scar massage
- Assign appropriate exercise progression based on your specific needs
- Develop a plan to safely return to exercise (CrossFit, running, etc.)
- Proper nursing and lifting techniques, etc.
After your virtual consultation, our therapist will determine your course of care!
Call (412) 856-8060 EXT. 215 to schedule today!