Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching - Pittsburgh, PA
When we hear about nutrition, it’s often in association with weight loss. And while nutrition is a vital part of a weight-related journey, it’s also a critical part of a patient’s well-being. It can even make a difference in how quickly one recovers from an injury, a surgery, and other rehabilitative scenarios.
To support athletes and recovering individuals alike, East Suburban Sports Medicine Center (ESSMC) proudly provides individualized nutrition services to our patients. As part of this service, we have partnered with Allison and Andrew Wade of Case Specific Nutrition to provide advice and counseling. By working together, our team and theirs will continue to promote wellness, improve performance, and maximize the outcomes of our rehab programs.
If you are interested in these services, our experts would be glad to meet with you, review your medical needs, and begin to recommend the nutritional changes that will benefit you most. Contact our partner, Case Specific Nutrition, to meet us in one of our 6 convenient office locations - ESSMC Monroeville, ESSMC Murrysville, ESSMC North Huntingdon, ESSMC Penn Hills, ESSMC Penn Township, or ESSMC Plum.
FAQs on Nutrition Care:
What Are Specific Examples Of Ways ESSMC Addresses Nutrition?
Our team can help clients seeking to learn more about the following areas and topics:
- Healthy weight loss and lifestyle changes
- Strengthening and improving their relationship with food through modifications of eating behavior
- Digestive health
- Gluten-free living
- Maximizing athletic performance through nutrition
- Healthy eating for children and adolescents
- Diabetes management and education
- Heart health
- Cancer nutrition
- Education on emerging trend diets Healthy aging
- Navigating food allergies
- Pregnancy nutrition
- Vegan/vegetarian nutrition
How Are The Specific Nutrition Services Offered At ESSMC?
Nutrition Services are available for individuals and groups at our practice. We deliver nutrition services through the following methods:
- Consulting. Our staff can help anyone build a personalized nutrition plan and lifestyle. One size does not fit all when it comes to diet and nutrition - and our consulting service will help you navigate this challenge and learn about what you specifically need.
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching. This is our most successful service offered for those looking to make changes. During coaching, we focus on providing personalized recommendations and helping you learn to read your body. We will work with you very closely to help you identify and implement lifestyle changes, as well as keep you accountable and monitor your progress.
- Custom Meal Plans. Each of the consultation options mentioned so far includes this service. Our custom Meal Plans includes 1-day of sample meals with calorie goals, and fat, protein, and carbohydrate breakdowns. We also include an exchange list to further help you select your foods and meals.
- Grocery Store Tours. Shopping with weight loss, diabetes, food allergies, or something else on your mind? Whatever your needs, a grocery store tour can help you to make the most of your shopping trips by giving you the tools to make healthy choices to fit your lifestyle. During the tour, we’ll make a stop in each specific department to discuss specific options. We’ll also provide you with a take-home guide to help you on future trips.
- Pantry Overhauls. Do you want to learn about building and maintaining a healthier pantry? A pantry overhaul may be the solution for you! We will meet you at your home to review foods in your pantry and make recommendations for better choices that will meet your needs. We’ll also provide you with recipes and assist you in creating an individualized shopping list to help you on future trips to the grocery store.
- Cooking Classes & Demonstrations. Learn how to make nutritious meals in the comfort of your own kitchen or at your group’s location. We’ll provide personalized recipes that fit your nutritional lifestyle and needs.
You Mentioned A Partner Earlier. Who Is Your Nutrition Service Partner?
We have partnered with Allison and Andrew Wade of Case Specific Nutrition to provide advice and counseling. They are part of a group of Registered Dietitians in the Pittsburgh area. They and their coworkers have significant experience, a passion for nutrition, and a commitment to helping clients make changes that last!
Want to feel better, play better, and live better with ESSMC? Call us at 412-593-2048 (extension: 2) or submit an online appointment request form.